Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life Right Now

My friend Annie said that blogging is addictive and yet, I do not find myself having much to say. That is obvious since I haven't blogged since September. But there has been a lot going on recently. Our small group is getting closer than ever. Our leaders' oldest child was baptized on Sunday and seeing them moved, moved me. I always get excited when I see more people coming to Christ, but with this little girl, I was moved to tears. Seeing her parents and realizing what it must mean to see your child become a new creation in Jesus - that was priceless.

Then I read Annie's blog, and I am inspired to write. She is an incredible person and I love reading what she has to say. I am inspired by her marriage and how she and her husband are best friends and they make each other laugh. My husband has been dealing with migraines the past 3 years and it has made marriage tough. When we can't even talk when he gets home because he needs to go lie down, it hurts. I know he hates that he can't be the husband he wants to be. I don't know why these started or what has triggered them, but they really suck. And I hate seeing him in pain - I hate knowing he is in pain. God has blessed us in so many ways, and our marriage has needed a shove in the blessing department for a long while. I am grateful for everything the Lord has done for us - but the one thing my heart desires is still in progress. Dustin separated from the Air Force the end of September and God supplied a job. It will be over in March and he will need to find something else. I am also currently looking for a job. I didn't realize how hard it was to find a job. I have submitted at least 50 resumes and have only had 2 interviews so far - all in the last 2 months. There are definitely many stressors in life, and I really try not to focus on the negative. But sometimes, it wiggles its way inside you and manifests into illness, bitterness, resentment - all that nasty stuff God never wanted us to handle.

Other than that, life is good. God has blessed us with incredible family and friends.

I never really know what to say on here. I just start typing and the words just flow...

Until next time...whenever that is....

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for your sweet words, Cassie. I don't know how good I am at blogging, but I sure am addicted to it. :)
Please know that we are praying for Dustin. I know how I shut-down with migraine, so I can't imagine having one all the time. I will also be praying for you as you support him through this as well as look for a job. We are here if you need anything at all.
I am so glad you updated your blog.
Love ya

GrandCanyonMom said...

Cassie,

Glad you're back in the blog world. I've missed you! Hang in there, Sweetie. God allows us times in the valleys that we absolutely cannot understand. Just remember that He is building you and purifying you. When it's all said and done, you'll come forth like gold. I am so proud of you for your perserverance! 50 applications, that's amazing. I applaud you for your determination. I know God has a plan and you can be sure it's a good one. I can honestly say that any company who hires you will be so blessed just to have your optimistic self there. You will be an asset. Keep at it and trust the Lord and know His hand is involved, even when you feel alone- you're not.
About marriage, it takes a lot of work and sacrifice- even in the BEST of marriages. You and Dustin will get through these migranes. It's a very hard season but don't loose heart. It will be worth it and you'll be stronger in the end! I'm praying for you tonight.