Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I have been sucked in...

Well, here I am. Most of friends are doing the Blog thing, and I felt compelled to be sucked into the chaos. To open, as my very first post, my name is Cassie. I live in South Carolina, but I am an original Texan. I am married to a very humble and Godly man, Dustin. We have 2 miniature schnauzers, Bailey and Jasmine. They are, without a doubt, the cutest and the most spoiled dogs in history. The four of us are quite the little family. We attend Riverbluff Church and have made the dearest friends there, our Life Group. They are an amazing group and I continually thank God for a chance to have such wonderful people in my life. They are indeed, a blessing.

As I sit here, pondering, I am listening to the thunder outside and it makes me remember how utterly small we are, yet so powerful at the same time. Our Creator has given us ALL power and authority over heaven and earth through His Son Jesus! As Christians, I think we sometimes forget Whose we are. I know I personally think badly about myself, that I just don't measure up to the world. I have made it my mission to remind myself on a daily basis that I am a daughter of The King. I am royalty, and I am made in His image. Why is it we get so sucked in to what the world thinks of us, and not what God thinks of us? Our devout leader in our small group, Ted G., was moved by the sermon on Sunday and we pulled it apart more last night in group. We have an Audience of One. The One that really matters. He has the final say so in the end, not the media, models, celebrities, our friends, our family. God does. Who are we trying to impress more? The world? Or God our Father? I hope we all strive to impress our Lord and not the world. What can we do everyday that is pleasing to Him? When we are doing things the right way, His way, we can expect opposition. And we can't allow it to matter to us that others don't agree with us or they give us a hard time. We have to know and believe that God is pleased and overjoyed that we are sticking it out, winning the race! It is not all about me. As much as I like to think so sometimes, it just isn't so. There are so many people who need to hear about Jesus and I want to get out there and make an impact for Christ! That is something I really like about our Life Group, we are getting ready to get missional. We are ready to be those witnesses, those disciples for Jesus! God is so engrained in our group. He is always present. Thank you Ted and Pastor Curt for this insight.

I am humbled and honored to be called a Child of God. Whose are you?

Until next post...

In the Sweetest Name I know,
Cassie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to be the first to say welcome. Looking forward to all you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Hey Princess Cass! Well said! I loved how you wrote that.

Annie said...

Welcome to blogville. Warning: it can become addicting!

Annie said...

Also, I linked you from my blog so look for some more traffic!

Ted said...

Cassie, it's about time! You'll be good at this. Wow, devout ... now I'm feeling sorry that I toilet papered your house ... except for the fact that I think you toilet papered mine :) Looking foward to reading more here.